A nine-year-old boy, Michael Garuba, has been electrocuted to death by wires at the frontage of their residence in the Ajeromi White Sand area of Ijora, Lagos.

The community is a swampy area, and there is a long narrowed median, which connects the deceased’s residence to the neighbouring compounds.

According to the source, the primary three pupil went out to play with his peers in one of the neighbouring compounds on Sunday, his leg slipped from the median when  he was on his way back home around 10.30am. As he was trying to hold something so that he will not fall into the swamp, unfortunately he held the wire that electrocuted him.